[bioontology-support] Memory issues

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 1 10:06:33 PDT 2013

Rich,

I'm not sure what virtualization platform you are running, but there should be an option to decrease the memory available to the virtual machine. However, we have found that some ontologies require a larger amount of memory to process properly. This is generally related to the ontology's size, so the larger  it is (either in number of classes or properties per class), the more memory you will need.

Paul