[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from eschen

support at bioontology.org support at bioontology.org
Mon Apr 1 12:27:13 PDT 2013

Name: eschen

Email: liz.chen at uvm.edu

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/account

Comment:
Hello,

I created a BioPortal account earlier today and was able to use the REST services using my API key (via Web browser or Ruby script), but am now getting "Forbidden" errors. (Have checked the API key in my account numerous times to make sure it is correct.)

For example, when doing:
http://rest.bioontology.org/obs/ontologies?apikey=<my api key>

The following is returned:
<errorStatus>
  <accessedResource>/obs/ontologies</accessedResource>
  <accessDate>2013-04-01 12:20:51.17 PDT</accessDate>
  <shortMessage>Forbidden</shortMessage>
  <longMessage>Invalid credentials supplied: apiKey = <my api key>. Please visit http://stage.bioontology.org/account to get your API key.</longMessage>
  <errorCode>403</errorCode>
</errorStatus>