[bioontology-support] Query by UMLSCUI

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 4 17:08:04 PDT 2013

The Search web service [1] can take CUIs as an input. For example, testing on the Search web page using CUI C0018787  enter the CUI as the search term and then using the advanced parameters select "Property values" to be included in the search and limit to an ontology of interest (e.g. SNOMED).

This Search web service call looks like:
http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search/?query=C0018787&ontologyids=1353&includeproperties=1&apikey=YourAPIKey
The full Id of the term is found in the <conceptId> attribute and this can then be used with the "Get Term" web service if more term details are needed.

Trish

[1] http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_REST_services#Search_BioPortal