[bioontology-support] Annotator statistics

Pieter de Jong pieter.a.dejong at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 15:31:01 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I have a question about how to extract certain statistical information
about a text from the Annotator service. I'm interested in the "extent" to
which a piece of input text was annotated. For example, how many words were
annotated, how relevant were they for different ontologies etc.

I have found several interesting return values at this URL that seem useful:
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/Annotator_User_Guide

For example: the 'nbAnnotation' and 'score' properties. For a medical text
there might be several hundred annotations and a high score, but for a
non-medical article there might be just a few. I'm not sure how to
interpret the numbers.

Thanks for any help / examples!

-Pieter