[bioontology-support] MedDRA browsing issues

Melanie Courtot mcourtot at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 10:49:25 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am looking at the anaphylaxis SMQ at http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/42280?p=terms&conceptid=20000021, and wondering how you build the RO list? As far as I can understand "RO" represents those terms that should be included in the SMQ?

Also, while there is a "?" available when hoovering on "RO", the infobubble is not very helpful (see attached screenshot). Could there be a better description of what the various properties are? I have a local version of MedDRA loaded, but couldn't see "RQ" or "PAR" for example (which by looking at terms seem to be LLT and HLT respectively)

Finally, when I search for a term (for example "eyes swollen") it does open in the term details frame, but doesn't indicate its position in the tree - see http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/42280?p=terms&conceptid=10016014&jump_to_nav=true This does work well for other resources, see for example http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/50105?p=terms&conceptid=C76431&jump_to_nav=true
After testing, it does seem to work if preferred term are used instead, such as "eye swelling" http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/42280?p=terms&conceptid=10015967&jump_to_nav=true. Would it be possible to have this behaviour for LLTs as well?

Thanks,
Melanie