[bioontology-support] MedDRA browsing issues

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 18 17:00:29 PDT 2013

Hi Melanie,

Regarding the RO question, I think this might be better suited for Lian who is uploading the UMLS terminologies.

As for the "?" infobubble, the information displayed is from the ontology itself so if a definition of the property is not provided there will not be any information displayed. There is a bug report on displaying more meaningful property names for UMLS terminologies and hopefully definitions of the properties as listed here (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/knowledge_sources/metathesaurus/release/abbreviations.html) can be displayed in the infobubble.

The term "eyes swollen" is not displayed in the tree because it is an orphan term, i.e. it does not have a parent, while the term "eye swelling" does have a parent and therefore can be displayed in the tree. For orphan terms, would it make more sense to display only that term in the tree or do you have another suggestion to clarify the display in these cases?

Trish