[bioontology-support] Loading Snomed into the V1.0 appliance

Kohli, Marc David mkohli at iu.edu
Mon Apr 22 10:47:40 PDT 2013

All,

Is there anywhere that the procedure for loading an UMLS Metathesaurus RRF into the bioportal is documented step by step?  I've searched the support list and found bits and pieces, and tried lots of things.

I have the virtual machine up and running.  I can load RadLex if I download it via REST from bioportal.bioontology.org so I know that an appropriately formatted ontology can be loaded into my virtual machine appropriately.

I've tried to upload both DSM4 in RRF (~140 MB) and SNOMEDCT (~500MB)  I increased the RAM on the VM to 10 Gb, and I'm not close to being out of disk space.

I'm happy to post error logs but I'm not sure which log is important (rails, tomcat, 4store, lexgrid?).

Apologies in advance for the noob questions, and thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Marc