[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Chris

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 25 06:00:29 PDT 2013

Hi Chris,

I have been able to get to the last page of the results of the "Get All Terms" call for MedDRA. However, the speed of the response is determined by how much data is returned, therefore with a larger pagesize of 1,000 the response is slower than with a pagesize of 10. What is the smallest pagesize you've tried?

Trish

On Apr 24, 2013, at 4:12 PM, support at bioontology.org wrote:

> Name: Chris
>
> Email: krirage18 at hotmail.com
>
> Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/
>
> Comment:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get all MedDra terms through REST services but I cannot fetch the last page. I am using PAGESIZE=1000 and I am trying to get the content of page 70/70 (which should contain 389 terms) but I get no response. The previous 69 pages load successfully.
>
> To replicate error (no response actually, there is no error message):
> http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/virtual/ontology/1422/all?pagesize=1000&pagenum=70&apikey=<YourAPIKey>
>
> I use the ontocat application apikey. I have also tried with smaller/larger PAGESIZE but I still cannot get all terms. Thank you in advance for any help!
>
> Regards,
> Chris

Trish Whetzel, PhD
Outreach Coordinator