[bioontology-support] Ontology Class Language Classifications

Lewis John McGibbney lewis2 at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 30 20:21:27 PDT 2013

Hi Everyone,
I have been experimenting with some of the widgets [0] with the intention of embedding some of them in my web application.
I would like to know if anyone can please discuss the following: as well as obtain some given term (from within an ontology regardless of whether I use the ontology search widget, ontology tree widget, etc.), I am interested in obtaining other language classifications such as synonyms, homonyms, etc. associated with some given ontology class (term) if they are present an available.

Has anyone else implemented such support within the JavaScript? Or does anyone know which API function calls are available to enable me to do so?

My thinking is that currently there is no accurate/consistent automated mechanism to determining whether some given term (ontology class) has synonyms (or other language attributes) associated with it. Is this the case? I would be really happy to find out otherwise.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best
Lewis
[0] http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_Widgets

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney
Post Doctoral Research Scholar
Engineering Informatics Group
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Room 279, Jerry Yang and Akiko Yamazaki Environment and Energy Building (Y2E2)
473 Via Ortega
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-4020
web      | http://stanford.edu/people/lewis2