[bioontology-support] Ontology Class Language Classifications

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 30 20:46:38 PDT 2013

Hi Lewis,

The autocomplete functionality in the widgets will be able to work with synonyms (or any other property specified as a subproperty of the synonym property) for example if the ontology author has indicated which property is used for synonyms when they uploaded the ontology. For example, "CVS Disease" is a synonym of "cardiovascular disease" [1] and the widgets will be able to return "cardiovascular disease" when "CVS Disease" is entered.

Trish

[1] http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/50094/?p=terms&conceptid=efo%3AEFO_0000319