[bioontology-support] Web/REST service for Lexicon terms

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 1 14:13:05 PDT 2013

Unfortunately the name is not enough information to specify a term. It is
not required that the name of a class be unique within the ontology, only
the internal id needs to be unique. We have a number of ontologies that do
not have unique names for classes. This may be a bad practice but it is
allowed.

What you can do is to use us the search functionality to retrieve the set
of classes that match the string and then try to figure out which is the
one that you want. It may be easier though, as a practical matter, to just
construct the URI parameter. It makes your calls look ugly but it will
work.

Ray