[bioontology-support] Bioportal annotator REST API not returning some types of SNOMED concepts?

Pieter Sheth-Voss pieter at provenanalytics.com
Thu Aug 8 07:35:52 PDT 2013

The Bioportal Annotator seems to not match some types of concepts in
SNOMED, specifically anatomy terms.   Might I be doing something wrong?

For instance, in the example web service [
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/annotator] if you type the following text,
searching SNOMEDCT, it matches all of the items correctly.

         "stomach knee larynx thyroid brain leg tibia femur pancreas asthma"

But if I send the same post via the REST API, it seems to return only terms
for "asthma".  The trend I seem to see is it matches disorders, signs,
symptoms, etc. but not anatomical terms.

{ method: 'POST',
  uri: 'http://rest.bioontology.org/obs/annotator',
  headers: { 'Content-Type': 'text/plain' },
  body:
'format=xml&apikey=MY_API_KEY&ontologiesToKeepInResult=46896,49463&withSynonyms=false&textToAnnotate=stomach%20knee
%20larynx%20thyroid%20brain%20leg%20tibia%20femur%20pancreas%20asthma'
}

Thanks!
Pieter