[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Asiyah Yu Lin

support at bioontology.org support at bioontology.org
Tue Aug 13 11:21:35 PDT 2013

Name: Asiyah Yu Lin

Email: linikujp at gmail.com

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/search

Comment:
The search box seems problematic. I am searching 'genetic association' using Term Search in the page of http://bioportal.bioontology.org/search.

For sure I have a term 'genetic association investigation' in my ontology OGSF. The result was not showing my term.
It only retrieved:
1. linkage mapping - Computer Retrieval of Information on Scientific Projects Thesaurus
http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/CRISP/1254-9726
locating the relative position of genes on chromosomes based on recombination frequencies.

2. Genetic Association Studies - Medical Subject Headings
http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/MESH/D056726
The determination of genes suspected to be associated with specific traits, metabolic pathways, or diseases.

I wonder why.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Asiyah