[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from zxs

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 16 15:19:21 PDT 2013

"Carelex" is still listed as the acronym and any search in the ui starting
with "car" brings up this ontology (since we automatically search on
acronyms as well as names. Under what circumstances were people unable to
find your ontology?

We had a number of people complain that the names of ontologies in
BioPortal were meaningless acronyms that were very difficult to
understand. Thus we went through and replaced them with the real names but
left the acronyms in place.

Ray