[bioontology-support] LOINC Ontology Question

Rimma Belenkaya Rimma.Belenkaya at einstein.yu.edu
Tue Aug 20 07:39:29 PDT 2013

Thank you, Nigam.

Looking forward to hear from the support.

Thanks,
---
Rimma Belenkaya, M.S., M.A.
Lead Software Developer, Research Informatics Core (RIC)
Harold & Muriel Block Institute for Clinical & Translational Research at Einstein and Montefiore
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10461
(718) 430-2762 Office
Rimma.Belenkaya at einstein.yu.edu
I am a knowledge engineer working at Albert Einstein College of Medicine Research Informatics. We have met at AMIA several times, but I am not sure if you remember me. I am currently working on adapting LOINC ontology to our metadata. My director, Dr. Parsa Mirhaji, suggested contacting you. If you are not the right person to answer my question I would appreciate if you could re-direct me to one.

My question is about terms that have pre-defined set of values (e.g. Positive, Negative, etc). For example, Nuclear Ab [Presence] in Serum, ID 8061-4 is usually presented as Positive, Negative, Weakly Positive, etc. Except for the Ord scale_typ, I could not find any references to particular values in this scale. Are they defined in this ontology? If yes, where can I find them and what term attribute(s) points to the scale values?  I am using the LOINC ontology at http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/2064

Thank a lot,
---
Rimma Belenkaya, M.S., M.A.
Lead Software Developer, Research Informatics Core (RIC)
Harold & Muriel Block Institute for Clinical & Translational Research at Einstein and Montefiore
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10461
(718) 430-2762<tel:%28718%29%20430-2762> Office