[bioontology-support] LOINC Ontology Question

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 21 15:20:54 PDT 2013

There are terms in the LOINC ontology for positive and negative:

Positive: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/47637?p=terms
<http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/47637?p=terms&conceptid=LP210
65-5&jump_to_nav=true> &conceptid=LP21065-5&jump_to_nav=true

Negative: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/47637?p=terms
<http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/47637?p=terms&conceptid=LP207
19-8&jump_to_nav=true> &conceptid=LP20719-8&jump_to_nav=true

I didn't see anything in LOINC for "Weakly Positive". This result is
consistent with what I see when I browse LOINC with the UMLS browser. (We
get LOINC via UMLS).

Ray