[bioontology-support] Moving BioPortal to a Red Hat VM

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 23 13:46:26 PDT 2013

Rich,

We run all of the software available on the Appliance using RedHat internally. Since CentOS is based on RedHat, I believe doing some kind of in-place migration would be possible. RedHat has a knowledgebase entry on this [1], though I've never tried it and can't comment on how easy or difficult it might be.

I can say with certainty that getting all the components of our software working by starting from the source code is not trivial. If an in-place migration of the Appliance is possible, I would highly recommend it.

[1] https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/25037

Paul