[bioontology-support] Question about top-classes in EP

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 2 09:34:50 PST 2013

Erik,

It could be that the classes that aren’t defined in the ontology file directly are imported from another ontology.

As for the roots, we will only display things that are subclasses of owl:Thing. Classes which have no parent we consider to be “orphaned” and we do not display them in the tree because technically they are not defined as a part of the tree.

Hope this clarifies.

Paul