[bioontology-support] Extracting parent child relationships using the web service

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Thu Dec 5 13:09:50 PST 2013

Akira,

Sorry, parents will only give you the actual (direct) parents, not the entire hierarchy. You want to use “ancestors”, though this call will be slow if it runs on multiple classes on a batch request, both because it needs to be computed and because you will potentially be transferring a lot of data if the class you are getting information about is deep in a tree.

Paul