[bioontology-support] annotator

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Thu Dec 5 13:13:57 PST 2013

Jun,

"Alzheimer diseases” is not a class in the MeSH ontology, though "Alzheimer disease” [1] is, and Annotator will pick this up. Annotator does not do any stubbing, so singular forms of plural labels will not get picked up (and vice-versa). The only way this would work given the current Annotator would be if a class had a synonym "Alzheimer diseases”, which doesn’t exist in MeSH either.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Paul

[1] http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/MESH?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FMSH%2FD000544