[bioontology-support] Old NCBO Annotators parameters ?

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Fri Dec 13 17:24:15 PST 2013

Clement,

(Finally) responding to the pieces of this thread that others have not.

We have 400+ ontologies in BioPortal now and we don't think that running
an mgrep/ontology is really workable. Unfortunately, as you know, that
means that we cannot use the mgrep version of "longest only".  We would
have to duplicate this logic at the rest level. We have a bug open for
this.

We removed scoring from the annotation process since it wasn't clear that
anyone was using this. We have a simpler scoring mechanism for ontology
recommendation but the value is not returned to the user. It is simply
used to help rank the top ontologies. Here it is not so much the score
that is important but simply the rough rank.

Ray