[bioontology-support] Please don't change current REST services

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 18 10:03:33 PST 2013

I think we could examine raising the page size limit. We would need some time to evaluate the ramifications, though. I’ve added an issue for us to look into this.

The paging is not done by slicing the results, at least not in code. It’s done at the database level, so the underlying system there may do some optimizations when subsequent requests that differ only in the offset are made. We could examine doing something like you suggest with pre-fetching subsequent pages.

Paul