[bioontology-support] Internal server error for programmatic search

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Fri Dec 20 15:23:35 PST 2013

This is really quite strange since it works in a browser. It works for us
as well. Do you get other connections to work?

I suggest perhaps cutting the command down to the minimum to see if the
connection can be established. Something like:

http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=brainstem
<http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=brainstem&apikey> &apikey=...

If this works then try building up the command you want.

If even this does not work then perhaps there is some bizarre firewall
setting that only allows known browsers at your site to access the web. I
have no idea if this sort of thing is really even possible. I would be
worthwhile though trying the same command from your home internet
connection without going through the UW network.

Ray