[bioontology-support] synonym types not supported?

Erick Antezana erick.antezana at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 01:34:13 PST 2013

Hi Trish,

I get the following in the 'Xref Exact Synonym' section of my term:

  ORG:erick
  NAME_ES [ORG:erick
  NAME_FR [ORG:erick

as you can see, the xref's appearing in my OBO entry are listed :

- the first one is the one corresponding to the definition (this
should probably be better displayed next to the definition).
- the second and third lines correspond to the specific synonyms in
Spanish and French: the closing square bracket is not displayed.

moreover, I would expect to have the type of 'exact' synonym displayed
(written down) next to the synonym itself, something like:

Exact Synonym

Belgique NAME_ES [ORG:erick]
B�lgica NAME_FR [ORG:erick]

on the other hand, the interface has some issues to display unicode,
in the 'Exact Synonym' section of my entry I have for instance:

Belgique
B�lgica
el Reino de B�lgica

what should I change to get the correct accents, symbols, etc properly
displayed?

cheers,
Erick