[bioontology-support] BioPortal seach optional arguments

Nikolina Koleva nikolina.koleva19 at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 12 05:10:16 PST 2013

Dear all,

I tried out the BioPortal search via Rest services for several terms. Thereby I checked the optional arguments and an interesting observation was that if I set the includeproperties  to 1 than I am getting less results as if it is set to 0 and this for almost each term.
What can be the reason for that? I was thinking that I would actually get even more results.
Is it may be possible that the search service excludes the hits that do not have synonym properties or preferred name? Term identifier can not be missing.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Nikolina