[bioontology-support] BioPortal seach optional arguments

Nikolina Koleva nikolina.koleva19 at yahoo.de
Wed Feb 13 06:56:44 PST 2013

Dear Trish Whetzel,

for example I get with the following query for the term "bone marrow" 87 hits

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search/bone+marrow/?maxnumhits=100&apikey=MyAPIKEY&level=1&includeproperties=0&isexactmatch=0&ontologyids=null

but if I set the include properties to 1 then there are only 62 hits delivered:

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search/bone+marrow/?maxnumhits=100&apikey=MyAPIKEY&level=1&includeproperties=1&isexactmatch=0&ontologyids=null

analogously for the term "agonist"
when executing:

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search/agonist/?maxnumhits=100&apikey=MyAPIKEY&level=1&includeproperties=0&isexactmatch=0&ontologyids=null

I get 86 hits.

but when the include properties is "on" so to say

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search/agonist/?maxnumhits=100&apikey=MyAPIKEY&level=1&includeproperties=1&isexactmatch=0&ontologyids=null

then there are 77.

Thank you for the investigation!

Best regards,