[bioontology-support] Visualization tab

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 27 15:25:06 PST 2013

Sorry everyone, I didn't connect that this was an issue with the Flex-based widgets. The widgets use an ip address that we detect in the config file as it is the most reliable method for discovering the machine's location. However, because of the same origin policy in the browser, accessing the UI on a different domain/ip as the REST service will cause widgets to fail.

If you want to override this behavior, you can modify the file 'bioportal_config.rb' to hardcode the domain. On line 19, change:
$LOCAL_IP = local_ip
$LOCAL_IP = "domain.com"
where domain.com is actually the domain you are using.

The file is located in /srv/ncbo/rails/BioPortal/current/config. This change will need to be done each time you update the UI code.

I also don't really have a way to test this, so please let me know if it doesn't work.

Paul