[bioontology-support] synonyms

Sahni, Himanso * (FDA) Himanso.Sahni at fda.hhs.gov
Thu Jan 17 06:33:11 PST 2013

Hello Bioportal Team,

According to http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_REST_services#Search_BioPortal
includeproperties=[1/0] - include attributes in the search (default: 0 and includes the preferred name, term identifier, and synonym properties)

unfortunately including or excluding this flag does not change the output for MEDdra searches

For example:

As  "Pompe's disease" and "Glycogen storage disease type II" are synonyms but the RESTful API does not provide any  synonyms or any  parent tree nodes for Pompe's disease.
The bioportal browser search  for Pompe's diease does bring the "Glycogen storage disease type II" as an RQ, but there are no RQ or Synonym nodes in  the XML returned by the web services.

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/42280?p=terms&conceptid=10036143

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/42280?p=terms&conceptid=10053185
Basically I am interested in finding a way to retrieve synonyms for the terms, is there a different vocabulary that I should be using for synonyms.

Himanso Sahni
Himanso.Sahni at fda.hhs.gov<mailto:Himanso.Sahni at fda.hhs.gov>
Contractor-Recombinant Data Corp.
HSahni at recomdata.com<mailto:HSahni at recomdata.com>