[bioontology-support] OMIM update + New Feature request

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 25 18:39:00 PST 2013

Hi Drashtti,

BioPortal loads the OMIM terminology from the UMLS releases, which occur 2x per year. Is the issue that these missing terms are present in the 2011AB release of OMIM within UMLS [1]?

As for retrieving multiple concept ids with a single request there is the "Get All Terms" web service [2]. Does this meet your needs?

Trish

[1] http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/sourcereleasedocs/current/OMIM/
[2] http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_REST_services#Get_all_terms_using_the_virtual_ontology_id