[bioontology-support] Some questions about your 244 bioportal datasets

Timothy Lebo lebot at rpi.edu
Wed Jul 3 13:57:36 PDT 2013

Hello,

My name is Tim Lebo and I'm conducting a survey about Linked Data datasets on datahub.io.
I'm contacting you because you are listed as an author or maintainer of the dataset http://datahub.io/dataset/bioportal-*.

Could you please take a few moments to answer the following 12 questions?
For your convenience, you can just reply directly to this email.

I'm planning to release the survey results with a CC Zero license [1] at [2].
I won't include your email, and I'll associate your responses to the dataset (not you).
If this raises concerns for you, please let me know.

Thanks so much for your consideration.

Regards,
Tim Lebo

[1] http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
[2] https://github.com/timrdf/lodcloud/wiki/Survey-1-2013-Jun-22

p.s. I've listed your 244 datasets after the questions, to be certain about which datasets I'm asking about.

1) Does the tag "lod" on the datasets bioportal-* mean "Linked Open Data"?

2) What type of organization produced the datasets bioportal-*?
   (e.g., academic, commercial, government, personal, etc.) Please list all that apply.

3) What tools were used to create and publish the datasets bioportal-*?
   (Please designate any tools that were developed in house and whether or not they are publicly available.)

4) Did you publish any papers based on the datasets bioportal-*?
   Please list all pertinent papers.

5) Are you aware of any applications that use the datasets bioportal-*?
   Please list any that you are aware of and how you found out about them.

6) Did you tag the datasets bioportal-* as "lod" to facilitate the inclusion in the LOD Cloud Diagram (http://lod-cloud.net)?

7) Did you try to fulfill the lodcloud group's metadata requirements for the datasets bioportal-*?
   (http://www.w3.org/wiki/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/DataSets/CKANmetainformation)
   If so, how difficult was it on a scale from 1 (very easy) to 10 (very difficult)?

8) Did you use the lodcloud validator (http://validator.lod-cloud.net/validate.php) to help fulfill
   the lodcloud group's metadata requirements for datasets bioportal-*?
   If so, how helpful was it on a scale from 1 (not helpful) to 10 (very helpful)?

9) Is the datasets bioportal-* still being maintained?
   If it is not, please explain why. (e.g., project funding ended, original objective was achieved, lost interest, etc.)

10) On a scale from 1 (most easy) to 10 (very difficult), how difficult do you think it would be
    for another expert developer to reproduce the Linked Data in datasets bioportal-*?

11) What factors would make it easy or difficult to reproduce the datasets bioportal-*?
    (e.g., availability of the original data, provenance available within the Linked Data itself,
    domain expertise, thoroughness of documentation, or the tools that were used).

12) Would you like to see a new version of the LOD Cloud Diagram (http://lod-cloud.net)?
    Why or why not?

bioportal-aao
bioportal-aba
bioportal-acgt
bioportal-adw
bioportal-aeo
bioportal-aero
bioportal-air
bioportal-amino-acid
bioportal-apo
bioportal-atmo
bioportal-ato
bioportal-bao
bioportal-basic-vertebrate-gross-anatomy
bioportal-bcgo
bioportal-bdo
bioportal-bfo
bioportal-bho