[bioontology-support] NCBO Annotator Behavior Has Changed

Zach Fry frydawg524 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 12:23:06 PDT 2013

Hello,
I am in the middle of writing a paper using the BioPortal Annotator Service
for analysis, and am using the Gazetteer Ontology (Virtual ID 1397), and it
seems that over the last week while I was away on vacation, the behavior
has changed.

When I search for concepts with the Gazetteer Ontology selected, I get the
following message bar at the top of the BioPortal webpage (at the bottom of
the email). I also have noticed a significant decrease in the number of
returned concepts from before.

For example: A week ago, when I searched the GAZ ontology for "Crystal
Lake", there were 39 unique concepts that were returned, whereas now, only
1 concept is returned.

Is there anyway that I can have the old version of the ontology made
available for me, or I can access an old version of the tool so that I can
finish up the research I have been doing?

Thanks,
Zach Fry

Error Message I get:

The version of *Gazetteer* you were attempting to view ($Revision: 1.512 $)
has been archived and is no longer available for exploring. You have been
redirected to the most recent version ($Revision: 1.512 $).