[bioontology-support] SPARQL endpoint question

Borromeo, Charles chb69 at pitt.edu
Wed Jul 10 09:40:54 PDT 2013

Hello,
  I am trying to use the Bioportal SPARQL endpoint.  I would like to
retrieve all the subclasses for a given class within the Human Phenotype
Ontology. I can retrieve all the direct subclasses, but I can't figure out
how to select the subclasses of subclasses (e.g. children, grandchildren,
etc.).

Apparently there is a globals graph
(http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/globals) that allows you to
select a crossed reasoned sub properties.  Is there a graph that contains
the reasoned subClassOf relationships?

Thanks,
Chuck Borromeo
University of Pittsburgh