[bioontology-support] SPARQL endpoint question

manuelso manuelso at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 10 09:47:06 PDT 2013

Hi Chuck,

Are you trying to do this programmatically ? Unfortunately our web front-end does not support this type of reasoning.

There is a HTTP request parameter  that enables subClassOf reasoning. This Java/Jena example shows how to do it:

https://github.com/ncbo/sparql-code-examples/blob/master/java/src/org/ncbo/stanford/sparql/examples/ClosureExample.java

To trigger reasoning just include an extra http parameter in you request (rules=SUBC).

Best,

Manuel