[bioontology-support] NCBO Annotator Service parameter isVirtualOntologyId not working as expected.

Clement Jonquet jonquet at lirmm.fr
Tue Jul 16 22:35:45 PDT 2013

Hi Zach,

>From what I see with :

http://rest.bioontology.org/obs/ontologies

localOntologyId 47282 is not parsed for the Annotator yet (or anymore).

So this is normal you don’t get any hit.

The version of Gazetteer that is here is : 50311 or 1397

If you use the “isVirtualOntologyId=true” parameter be sure to use
virtualOntologyId it for all the parameters (and respectively
localOntologyId otherwise). But it seems his is what you’re doing.

Please, note also that the ontologiesToExpand parameter is only useful if
you use the mapping semantic expansion
 the role of this parameter is to
explicit the ontologies to use for mapping semantic expansion then the
parameter ontologiesToKeepInResult explicit the list of ontologies in which
you want your results back.

Only Ray at NCBO can tell you if 47282 can be put back in the Annotator back
end.

Hope it helps.

Clement