[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Olivier Rossel

Olivier Rossel olivier.rossel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 15:09:42 PDT 2013

Hi Ray.

First let me tell you that I am a huge fan of your work on Protege. And i am happy to have the opportunity to talk with you.

Next, i will tell you my opinion about the concept search in the portal.
I think it is a great tool for ontology engineers. Valuable to many communities. And with virtually no alternative (concept search is a wreck in the Semantic Web).

I presume most of your funding comes from the field of biomedical, so I understand you focus on services for that community.
But I really would love to have such a service available for the whole SW community.

Are there any hope the concept search can be made available as a deployable service, or as hackable open source code, so a generic service can be deployed (for example) on ckan.net?

Envoyé de mon iPad