[bioontology-support] MedDRA URL namespace - MDR or MEDDRA?

Dave Reynolds dave.e.reynolds at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 03:55:29 PDT 2013

I'm trying to use the RDF translation of some of the terms from the
MedDRA ontology from Bioportal.

However, I'm seeing some inconsistency in the namespaces and wondered
what the right one is.

If I use the search service or the SPARQL service then I get URLs of the
form:

   http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/MDR/{concept}

But if I dereference those URLs they link to terms using the namespace:

   http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/MEDDRA/{concept}

For example, fetching (conneg to RDF/XML):

     http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/MDR/10002086

Returns

     <owl:Class
rdf:about="http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/MEDDRA/10002086">
         <rdfs:label>Anaemias nonhaemolytic and marrow
depression</rdfs:label>
         <rdfs:subClassOf
rdf:resource="http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/MEDDRA/10005329"/>
         <skos:notation>10002086</skos:notation>
         <umls-skos:TUI>T047</umls-skos:TUI>
         <skos:prefLabel>Anaemias nonhaemolytic and marrow
depression</skos:prefLabel>
         <umls-skos:UMLS_CUI>C0851368</umls-skos:UMLS_CUI>
         <skos:altLabel>Anemias nonhemolytic and marrow
depression</skos:altLabel>
         <skos:broader
rdf:resource="http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/MEDDRA/10005329"/>
     </owl:Class>

Those are also the URL patterns shown by the interactive browser.

Trying to dereference any of the MEDDRA (as opposed to MDR) URLs gives a
500 error.

[Sorry if this is the wrong list for this sort of question, is there a
better place to ask?]

Dave