[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from yampeku

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 24 13:47:50 PDT 2013

The BioPortal ontology repository system itself works fine with other
languages. We even have had ontologies with Chinese character sets.
Unfortunately the concept recognizer that we are currently using only
supports the ASCII character set. Thus you will find that some terms are
recognized and some not, based on whether they contain non-ascii
characters. We hope to address this restriction later this year.

Ray