[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from C.A. Horne

support at bioontology.org support at bioontology.org
Wed Jun 26 07:16:41 PDT 2013

Name: C.A. Horne

Email: cahorne at mit.edu

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/

Comment:
Hi there,

I am working on a project in which the ontologies I select to annotate must be used by others (in addition to being related to the terms in the text). I was looking at the # of projects that use each ontology to figure out how useful & used the ontology is, but I'm not sure if this number reflects how often the ontologies are actually used. Is it possible that people use the NCBO ontologies without registering the project under that ontology? Is there a better indicator for a particular ontology's usage?

Thank you!