[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from C.A. Horne

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 27 16:32:18 PDT 2013

Yes, many people use ontologies without registering a project. There is
also a distinction between people using an ontology with our UI and
accessing it through the web services. A better indicator for the UI is
probably the number of hits. We list the most heavily used ontologies on
the home page. Eventually we will have usage statistics for all ontologies
there. In the meantime, if you want usage statistics for a particular
ontology then let me know which.

Ray