[bioontology-support] BioPortal SPARQL endpoint locally installed?

manuelso manuelso at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 6 08:52:13 PST 2013

Hi Erick,

Our proxy [1] is a customization of SNORQL [2] available here [3]

[1] is a django/python application. So you need to install django. In that project you need to remove the authentication code since you would not be using NCBO authentication. This is simple, you just need to bypass:

user_id = services.validate_api_key()

in sparqlproxy.py

Depending on what you want to do might be better of using [3] directly.

Best,

Manuel

[1] https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-sparql-proxy
[2] http://data.semanticweb.org/snorql/
[3] https://github.com/kurtjx/SNORQL

On Mar 6, 2013, at 7:28 AM, Erick Antezana <erick.antezana at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Manuel,
>
> we got the fork of 4store you pointed out locally installed...
> however, we are struggling in finding a way to "enable" the sparql
> endpoint and get something like your interface:
>
> http://sparql.bioontology.org/
>
> how should be "install/setup" the front end?
>
> any suggestions?
> Erick
>
> On 22 February 2013 18:04, manuelso <manuelso at stanford.edu> wrote:
>> Hi Erick,
>>
>> You can use any triple store. We use a fork of 4store that supports rdfs:subPropertyOf reasoning, this is available here:
>>
>> https://github.com/ncbo/4store
>>
>> If you want to install the web fronted, this is the project:
>>
>> https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-sparql-proxy
>>
>> To populate the database you can download the RDF files using the REST RDF download service:
>>
>> http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_REST_services#RDF_Download_Service
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Manuel
>>

>> On Feb 22, 2013, at 2:57 AM, Erick Antezana <erick.antezana at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there a way to get a locally installed instance of the BioPortal
>>> SPARQL endpoint?
>>> Which triple store is used?
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Erick