[bioontology-support] Issues bringing up the NCBO Virtual Appliance: mgrep does not start

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 11 09:58:51 PDT 2013

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce either the error you get when creating an account or the error you get when trying to view the API key. Here is the log location on the Appliance. If you can see an error there I may be able to help figure it out:
/var/log/rails/BioPortal/production.log

There is also a workaround. You can authorize an account using the REST service:
http://{your appliance IP or domain}:8080//bioportal/auth?username={your username}&password={your password}&apikey=11111111-9dd1-11e0-a996-115056bd0024

Just replace the brackets with your information. The API key in the URL is the one included on the Appliance by default.

Paul