[bioontology-support] Issues bringing up the NCBO Virtual Appliance: mgrep does not start

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 11 11:50:29 PDT 2013

Sorry, I'm confused. Which portion of the infrastructure is running on port 80? The web UI? Or the REST services? Or both on separate machines?

If the REST service is not running on port 8080, then you will need to modify the UI's configuration file in order to have things work properly. You want to replace instances of 8080 with 80. The file is located here:
/srv/ncbo/src/config/bioportalui/BioPortal/config/bioportal_config.rb

After saving, you'll need to do a `bpdeploy deployui` command to have it take effect.

Paul