[bioontology-support] Searching in subtree of RadLex using the BioOntology web service

swiharta swihart.andrew at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 11:00:55 PDT 2013

I'm trying to search within current RadLex terms (excluding Obsolete terms,
etc..), so I'm trying to query within "RID1" (the root concept ID for
non-obsolete Radlex entities): http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/RID/RID1

Following the documentation, here is an example query that works as
expected:
http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search/?query=cholecys&ontologyids=1057&apikey=yourAPIKey

Now I try adding the URI-encoded argument:
subtreerootconceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FRID%2FRID1

But this fails:
http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search/?query=cholecys&ontologyids=1057&subtreerootconceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FRID%2FRID1&apikey=yourAPIKey

Any help is much appreciated.