[bioontology-support] SPARQL - getting all predicates for an ontology

Kevin B. Cohen kevin.cohen at gmail.com
Tue May 14 11:42:25 PDT 2013

Hi, Simon,

I have run into the same problem (with SNOMED, specifically).  Trish
was very helpful in finding a solution for me.

Kev

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Simon Kocbek <simon at dbcls.rois.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hi BioPortal,
>

> I have a problem with getting the number of predicates for larger ontologies
> through the SPARQL interface.
>

> The following query:
>

> SELECT (COUNT(?p) as ?pCount)
>
> WHERE {
>
>   GRAPH <http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/[ontology]> {
>
>     ?s ?p ?o .
>
>   }
>
> }
>

> will always return the same number (i.e., 1200000) for large [ontology]
> values (e.g, SNOMEDCT, RCD, NCBITAXON).
>

> Is this a bug?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Simon

Kevin Bretonnel Cohen, PhD
Biomedical Text Mining Group Lead, Computational Bioscience Program,
U. Colorado School of Medicine
303-916-2417 (cell) 303-377-9194 (home)
http://compbio.ucdenver.edu/Hunter_lab/Cohen