[bioontology-support] Prefix to call Annotator

Cátia Machado cmachado at xldb.di.fc.ul.pt
Fri May 17 03:13:50 PDT 2013

Hello.

I have been having problems with the Annotator service that led me to doubt
if I have the correct prefix. Is it this:
http://rest.bioontology.org/obs/annotator ?

The problem is that my Java code is resulting in a “*
org.apache.http.client.HttpResponseException*: Forbidden” exception, and so
I tested an example in the browser. However, I keep receiving this response:

<errorStatus>

<accessedResource>/obs/annotator</accessedResource>

<accessDate>2013-05-14 01:53:48.306 PDT</accessDate>

<shortMessage>Method Not Allowed</shortMessage>

<longMessage>

The method specified in the request is not allowed for the resource
identified by the request URI

</longMessage>

<errorCode>405</errorCode>

</errorStatus>

The last URL I tested was
http://rest.bioontology.org/obs/annotator?textToAnnotate=cough&ontologiesToKeepInResult=1353&withDefaultStopWords=true&levelMax=999&semanticTypes=&mappingTypes=&wholeWordOnly=true&isVirtualOntologyId=true&apikey=b50ce268-e040-442a-b144-7321a60b9886.
The parameters work, since they were tested in the
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/annotator webpage.

Thank you  very much for your help.

Cátia M. Machado