[bioontology-support] Obtaining ontology term/class object from form_complete.js (Term-selection_field_on_a_form Widget)

Lewis John McGibbney lewis2 at stanford.edu
Mon May 20 12:20:07 PDT 2013

Hi All,
I am having a problem (e.g. I am lost) with my implementation of the Term-selection on a form widget [0][1].
Right now I am unable to obtain the object which directly represents the user text input e.g. the search term or query for the above widget.
Consider the following example, a user enters the text String "zebra" and thr autocompletion functionality suggests "zebrafish". The user then selects "zebrafish". It is the object which represents "zebrafish" which I need to access.
The reason I wish to get this object is that I wish to then use it as a field query for faceting within Apache Solr.

Any direction which would enable me to identify this object would be greatly appreciated. Additionally some direction from any dev's who work on the widgets and who know them inside out would be the mecca right now.

Thank you so much in advance for any help.

Best

Lewis

[0] http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_Widgets#Term-selection_field_on_a_form
[1] http://bioportal.bioontology.org/javascripts/widgets/form_complete.js

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney
Post Doctoral Research Scholar
Engineering Informatics Group
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Room 279, Jerry Yang and Akiko Yamazaki Environment and Energy Building (Y2E2)
473 Via Ortega
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-4020
web      | http://stanford.edu/people/lewis2