[bioontology-support] Searching Resource Index fails

Mark Musen musen at stanford.edu
Mon May 20 21:39:29 PDT 2013

Folks,

I have to submit a slide deck by 9:00 a.m. tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, and I want to show some screen dumps displaying the use of the Resource Index.  Currently, every time I try a search for the usual popular terms (e.g., “lymphoma” or “melanoma” in NCIT), I get the not-so-helpful error message, “Problem retrieving search results, please try again”.

What is the current state of Resource Index?  Why can’t I do a simple search?  This is really awkward, particularly if I am going to be promoting our work at a big meeting in a couple of days.

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. If any of you are able to do a simple search, please do so and take some screen shots; I’m feeling a bit anxious about getting this talk together now.  Thanks!

P.P.S. Please add this to the bug tracker:  If the user limits the ontologies to use in a Resource Index search, the UI should show that information after the selection menu is closed.  Otherwise, the user never knows whether he is searching with the full set of ontologies or just a subset.