[bioontology-support] Virtual appliance download

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Fri May 24 18:15:01 PDT 2013

Mauricio,

For our record keeping can you please tell us why you want to use the VM
rather than the public instance? For example, do you want host
non-biomedical or proprietary ontologies or annotate private data? Do you
have performance concerns?

There are no restrictions on the commercial use of our software. It is
open-source under the BSD and Eclipse licenses. Some of the ontologies in
the public version of BioPortal have access restrictions (e.g. MedDRA,
SNOMED). You need to work out ontology licensing restrictions with the
owners of the ontology copyright.

Ray