[bioontology-support] Any suggestions for improving concept search results from the new API?

Lee M Surprenant lmsurpre at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 26 05:43:59 PST 2013

*bump*
Even if its just clarification on whether search is working as expected,
can someone reply to this?

-Lee
----- Forwarded by Lee M Surprenant/Raleigh/IBM on 11/26/2013 08:39 AM
-----

From:	Lee M Surprenant/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS
To:	"support at bioontology.org Support" <support at bioontology.org>
Date:	11/19/2013 06:30 PM
Subject:	[bioontology-support] Any suggestions for improving concept
            search	results from the new API?
Sent by:	bioontology-support-bounces at lists.stanford.edu

In past, I was seeing good search results (5 hits) when searching NCI
Thesaurus (including Properties) with terms like the following: "history
and physical".
With the new backend, this search now returns 0 results.

A few other searches I've tried also offer fewer matches than before.  For
example "Tretinoin Cytarabine" used to return 7 results, now returns 0.

It seems to me like, in the past, it did a simple AND. And now maybe it
only matches contiguous text (eg. like doing a google search with " "
around the phrase)?
Is there a new syntax to match two non-contiguous words (ignoring order)
when they appear in the same concept name/description?
Any other ideas for me?

thanks,

Lee Surprenant
IBM Emerging Technologies | jStart Team