[bioontology-support] search URL not updated when entering new search term from results page

Alison Callahan alison.callahan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 07:22:35 PDT 2013

Using the 'Search all ontologies' search bar at
http://bioportal.bioontology.org generates a URL like this:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/search?query=regrowth&commit=Search

This works fine, and a list of results is displayed at this page. However,
if on this search results page I enter a *new* search term in the search
field, click on a result from this second search to look at it, and then
hit 'back' on the browser to return the results page for my second search
term, instead the page displays the results of the first search I did.
What's happening is that when a new search term is entered into the search
field on the search results page, the URL above doesn't get updated, so
hitting 'back' always goes back to the search results for the first search
term that was entered in the 'Search all ontologies' search field.